We're almost done with organising the group's existing deviations, so we are re-opening submissions! Thank you for being patient with us, but we hope that with more specific galleries, browsing will now be much more user-friendly.
Can I also stress that we do not accept self-nominated favourites? Please don't submit your own fanart to that folder, we will
decline it regardless of how fantastic it is
Some people did try to do this during our period of closed submissions, but if you're one of those people, you're still welcome to submit them correctly to the general galleries now.
Also, please make sure that you do specify somewhere either in your deviation description, or in the dA category, just what the fanart is of, otherwise we won't know if it's fanart or OC etc.
So if you take a look at the new galleries, you'll see that we've set up some sub-folders, which will help clarify the type of fanart we accept (ie. ALL)
We have also combined our Admin Features with Member Features, and we're also in the process of combining the general admin galleries to the main gallery.
Some things to keep in mind:
1. When you're submitting, make sure to submit to the most appropriate folder. The categories are based on what your submission is fanart of
. So if it's anime-style fanart of Jack Sparrow, it goes in the Film/TV folder, not Anime/Manga.
2. Software. This is where Vocaloid fanart fits into.
3. If your fanart falls into two categories, it's up to you to decide which folder is most appropriate. Harry Potter for example can fall into both Film/TV and Literature. So if your fanart is of one of the actors in Harry Potter, in character, it probably belongs in the Film/TV folder. If it is purely fanart of the character from the book, then it would fall under Literature. Same goes for Iron Man fanart: if it's Robert Downey Jr, Film/TV; if it's Iron Man in general; Western Comics.
4. The Celebrity folder is for "real-person" fanart, like actors, musicians, politicians (
5. Miscellaneous is for fanart that doesn't quite fall into any of the categories (cross-overs where the fandoms fall in two categories etc.).
If there are any folder categories you think we've missed just holler, and if you're in doubt about which folder to submit into, you can either note us or submit to Miscellaneous and we'll take it from there. Any other general questions you can ask here so everyone can get the answer to it.
So I hope I've covered everything... we're still getting together the FAQ, and then we might start some monthly features and contests ^^ That is all!