Also, buru-neko left the group, and I honestly think they were a troll trying to piss me off and I totally fell for it. /BREATHES IN AND OUT.
OKAY, here's something written out by my super good friend Ciu-Sune
ARG. Okay. SIMPLY PUT:THANK YOU, MY DEAR.
1) This club is to showcase fanart that artists can stand behind and be proud of, art that took effort and time but also showcases ability, quality, and ORIGINALITY.
2) Originality is key. If you draw, say, Sailor Moon and, using references to get a good likeness, she ends up looking spot-on, that's awesome. But if the pose is the same as the reference, the clothes are the same as the reference, the expression is the same as the reference--it is still a good piece of art, it simply doesn't belong in this club.
3) Tracing is not effort, time, ability, quality, or originality. Copying is not ability, quality, or originality. Eyeballing for an exact-reference picture (read: a picture that turns out EXACTLY LIKE THE ORIGINAL regardless of minute changes, we aren't idiots) is not originality.
4) There will be some exceptions. If you feel your piece may be an exception, all you have to do is submit it to a moderator for evaluation. If your piece is not accepted, please just see point five.
5) Art not accepted under the "No tracing/copying, etc policy" is not necessarily bad art. I repeat: ART DOES NOT HAVE TO BE BAD TO NOT BELONG. It might simply not match the guidelines for the club.
THIS IS NOT DIFFICULT AND I CAN WRITE CLAUSES IF YOU LAWYERS REALLY WANT THEM BUT WHY MAKE IT SO DIFFICULT.